Thursday, February 19, 2015

Review // SmartPak Piper Breeches

As equestrians, we know the value of a good pair of breeches. We also know that the monetary value is normally around $150.  But alas, SmartPak has come through with a "win" with their $80 Piper Breeches.

I had the Bradley's, and I loved them at first- which quickly grew to hate them. The zipper broke, the material pilled, they stretched out. But the Pipers have happily taken their place.

Photo Credit
Starting with the colors, bravo to the designers for adding a little bit of flare to these breeches. The colors kind of proving that they were designed for the schooling ring, not the show ring (Piper Show Breeches can be seen here. But that is no worries. My personal favorite is the navy and emerald (below). The Merlot is a beautiful wine-red color, and the grey is classic and slimming!

Photo Credit
The material is pretty great. It is thick enough that you feel like there is protection, but thin enough that you can move easily. The downfall? The material fades in the wash a bit. My suggestion would be to wash inside out, in woolite, and line dry to keep the color lasting.

The fit is great for me. They hug my hourglass shape well without making my hips looks too wide (doesnt pull at the fabric). I must mention the pockets. First off, there are back pockets for females. This is pivotal. Not only are there back pockets, they are deep! My iPhone 6 fits perfectly as I'm doing barn chores and I never have to worry about it falling out.

The price is on point. For a pair of breeches for $80, paired with SmartPerks & USEF member discount  they come out to be $68 (and shipped free!). These are a winner.

*Extra tip: Keep your eye out for all of the SmartPak sales- most discount codes will work on these!
.the inside turn.


Disclaimer: I was not prompted to or paid to write this. My professional career is a SmartPak SmartBarn, but had no affiliation to the product listed above. I paid for all of the SmartPak Piper breeches that I possess with my own money. I have not been approached by SmartPak to write this review. All ideas above are honest. 

8 comments:

  1. I always wish these worked for me, because the colors and price are great. They fit me awful though (hugely gappy in the waist), and I don't like the fabric. Holding out hope that they come out with another model in the same colors that would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully SmartPak tries to be pretty modern and innovative. The Bradley's came and went quite quickly. Hopefully the next model fit well- they're currently my favorite schooling breech. Dare I say it, I grab for these over my TS Trophy Hunters (but it MAY just be the weather that makes me want thicker fabric!).

      Delete
  2. nice! i really like my pipers - tho the merlot is definitely quite purple-ish rather than red. my other pair is a discontinued 'iron/champagne' combo that i love! if i ever get another pair it would probably be the navy/emerald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the iron/champagne! I never got my hands on them- surprised they discontinued the colors so quickly.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. My go-to, everyday riding breech right now! My next purchase will be the Annie's Breeches. I'm so excited to try out the colors!

      Delete
  4. I like mine, but was very disappointed with the show ones for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything specific you didnt like about the show ones? I used to like the Bradley's to school in- but I always HATED the tan ones that I purchased- and I'm not sure why. Possibly because it was an unflattering tan (which is totally possible when we're talking about skin tight pants), wonder if its the same concept!

      Delete